The Telex Airman 8 aviation headset with battery-free active noise reduction (ANR) is designed specifically for optimizing pilot communications in commercial and business turbine aircraft.
Building on the tradition of the Airman 850, the Airman 8 has improved durability, intelligibility, and comfort making it the lightest Active Noise Reduction headset on the market and the only FAA TSO-C139a approved ANR headset to utilize Telex’s proprietary battery-free system. The ANR switch has been placed on the forward-facing ear cup side allowing an easier reach without having to remove the headset. A high-quality, amplified, electret microphone provides clear voice transmission while improved ANR and noise cancellation ensures superior in-flight communication.
Extending its useful life, the headset is constructed with a stainless steel headband with metal pivots and a pre-coiled, overhead coiled cord. The microphone boom design provides stronger rotational stops utilizing the full diameter of the ear cup. The soft headband pad combined with a lightweight design improves comfort—even on long flights; further enhancing comfort, the yoke allows the ear cups to move in all directions. An acoustic limiter protects users against sudden increases in sound levels.
This Airman 8 ANR headset is double-sided, with a dual PJ-068 and PJ-055 connector, and has a 600Ω impedance.
- Active noise reduction reduces fatigue and improves intelligibility
- Improved ANR and microphone noise cancellation ensures superior in-flight communication Innovative technology eliminates the need for batteries or special connections
- Soft headband pad combined with a lightweight design improves comfort—even on long flights
- Strong stainless steel headband with metal pivots increases durability
- The yoke design provides three axis adjustments and durability improvements
- Included replaceable ear cup covers and comfortable leatherette ear cushion
- Acoustic limiter protects against sudden increases in volume
- Clear voice transmission with a high-quality, amplified, electret microphone
- Fully FAA TSO-C139a approved
- Fully compliant to ARINC standards
6.6 oz (187 g), with cord
4.2 oz (193 g), without cord
600Ω ±20% @ 1kHz
6 ft ±4 in (1.8 m ±10 cm)
black and stainless steel
350 to 3,500 Hz
Microphone Frequency Response:
100 to 10,000 Hz
noise-canceling, amplified electret
via boom microphone connection
requires boom microphone to be powered continuously or power from aircraft via XLR
92 to 98 ±5 dB SPL/mW
|Mfr Part No:||AIRMAN8-0210|
|SCHEDULE B CODE:||8518.30.2000|