FP-5L Fuel Computer
FAA Approved Instrument
- STC’d and PMA’d
- Upgrade your aircraft panel with the most comprehensive fuel computer available.
Easy To Install & Versatile
- The FP-5L fits into one of your existing 2 1/4″ holes.
- Displays Gallons per Hour, Gallons Used, Gallons Remaining, Time to Empty, % Horsepower
- Can be connected to a compatible GPS unit to further enhance the display capabilities to include Fuel to Destination, Fuel Reserve, Nautical Miles per Gallon and Statute Miles per Gallon.
- The standard FP-5L also has one auxiliary channel that can be used to monitor Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, Fuel Pressure, Manifold Pressure, Vacuum, Volts, Amps, Carb Temperature, EGT, CHT, TIT or OAT.
- Four pilot-programmable fuel alarms.
Accurate, Dependable & Easy To Use
- Electronics International consistently has been a leader in digital engine instrumentation since 1979.
- Designed and built in the USA.
What is the FP-5L? This instrument is the industry’s premium digital fuel flow monitor. Many fuel flow monitors are either quick to respond and unstable, or stable but very sluggish in response to mixture control adjustments. The FP-5L uses special proprietary algorithms which enable the instrument to display fuel flow that is rock solid, yet responds instantly to the slightest mixture change.
Not only is the FP-5L an outstanding example of precision craftsmanship, but the flow transducers that provide the instrument with flow information are literally hand assembled by Electronics International’s skilled technicians, ensuring every component of the transducer is finely tuned and balanced. This kind of obsessive attention to quality is one of the many things that sets our company apart from the rest, and is the reason why our flow transducers are used throughout the aviation industry.
- Displays Gallons per Hour, Gallons Remaining, Gallons Used, Time to Empty, % Horsepower, Fuel to Destination*, Fuel Reserve*, Nautical Miles per Gallon* and Statute Miles per Gallon*.
- Four pilot-programmable fuel alarms.
- Provides one auxiliary channel that can be used to monitor one of the following: Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, Fuel Pressure, Manifold Pressure, Vacuum, Volts, Amps, Carb temperature, EGT, CHT, TIT or OAT.
* Requires GPS input.
Accurate, stable fuel flow with a resolution of .1 GPH. Flow can be easily set to display in British Gallons, Lbs, Liters, or Gallons.
Horsepower is based on fuel flow, and is accurate up to the leaning process (add an FM-T to the Auxiliary Channel for accuracy throughout all operations). This function can be set to read in percentage or raw Horsepower.
The FP-5L calculates the fuel remaining in your tanks with a .1 Gallon resolution. Two programmable “Default Full Fuel” levels allow you to quickly reset the instrument to “Full” every time you fill your tanks. Alarms will alert you when you’ve reached programmed limits for remaining fuel.
Fuel Used during the current flight, as well as fuel used since your fill up is kept track of to the tenth of a gallon.
Time to Empty
Time to Empty is based on Fuel Remaining and the current Fuel Flow. An alarm will alert you when you’ve reached a programmable limit.
Miles Per Gallon
Accurately keeps track of your gas mileage. This function can be displayed in Statute or Nautical Miles per Gallon.
Recurring Fuel Used Alarm
The Recurring Fuel Used Alarm can be set for any whole number of gallons used, alerting you to change tanks at a programmable interval of gallons used. This is an excellent tool for fuel tank management.
All packages include:
- FP-5L Instrument
- Wire Harness
- Flow Transducer (FT-60, FT-90, specify when ordering)
- Quick Reference Card
- Operating & Installation Instructions
Available Options (Call to Order)
Due to system limitations if you want to add on this module, call or email us and we can send you a separate payment link to purchase this with your order.
Fuel Flow Differential Module (FFDM-1) (add $395)
Fuel Flow Differential Module (for aircraft with a pressure carburetor). Includes FT-60 or FT-90 Flow Transducer Specify when ordering) to measure the returned fuel.
Available Aux Options (select one)
Aux Channel: Temperature (add $249)
The FM-Temp allows pilots to monitor virtually any aircraft temperature they desire. Common temperatures include EGT, CHT, TIT, Carb Temp and Outside Air Temp. Be sure to specify which temperature you would like to monitor when ordering. The stable, one degree resolution of the temperatures is the same hallmark of precision and quality you would expect from any of Electronics International’s products. The FM-Temp includes the module, a Temperature Probe (specify when ordering), a Wire Harness and Instructions.
Aux Channel: Fuel Pressure (add $249)
The FM-FP-30 allows pilots to monitor the aircraft Fuel Pressure within .1 psi. The FM-FP-30 package includes the module, a PT-30GA Pressure Transducer, Wire Harness and Instructions.
Aux Channel: Fuel Pressure with Fuel Pressure Differential Module (DPIM-1) (add $644)
Fuel Pressure Differential Module (for aircraft that measure fuel in reference to the upper deck). Includes 1 PT-30GA pressure transducer to measure the upper deck.
Aux Channel: Oil Pressure (add $249)
The FM-OP-100 allows pilots to monitor the aircraft Oil Pressure within .1 psi. The FM-OP-100 package includes the module, a PT-100GA Pressure Transducer, Wire Harness and Instructions.
Aux Channel: Manifold Pressure (add $249)
The FM-MP gives you the precision Manifold Pressure of a digital instrument (.1 Hg) in your FP-5L. The FM-MP package includes the module, an onboard Pressure Transducer, Wire Harness and Instructions.
Aux Channel: RPM (add $249)
The FM-RPM-4 or 6 (Specify # of Cylinders when ordering) allows pilots to keep a close watch on their RPM through their FP-5L. The FM-RPM-4/6 package includes the module, a full set of Magneto Signal Isolators, two Signal Pickup Leads, a Wire Harness and Instructions.
Aux Channel: Volts & Amps (add $249)
The FM-VA-50 allows pilots to monitor both Volts to .1 volts and Amps to .1 amps, although if you desire to only use one FP-5L channel, you can opt to monitor only one of the two functions. The FM-VA-50 package includes the module, an S-50 Shunt, Voltage Pickup Leads, Wire Harness, and Instructions.