G1 Engine Monitor
Notice – If you have an injected fuel system and are planning on running or running lean of peak: G2, 3 or 4 is a better choice.
The G1 GEM offers the basic monitoring features for EGT/CHT and CT (Carburetor Temperature) as the other G-series GEMs but not the advanced leaning features (that require real-time fuel flow data).
All EGT/CHT/CT data is continuously displayed in colour-coded bar-graph and numeric form, but neither mixture lean-of-peak (LOP) nor rich-of-peak (ROP) indication is provided. Leaning boxes do appear following peak-EGT events but the delta temperature number inside each leaning-box only shows the magnitude of temperature drop.
The LOP or ROP mixture status must be determined by the pilot by knowledge of which direction the mixture control was moved following a peak-EGT event. Moving the mixture control to increase fuel flow after finding peak EGT will result in a ROP condition, and moving the mixture to reduce fuel flow after finding peak EGT will result in a LOP condition.
Users of the G1 GEM should disregard references to GEM fuel flow indications in this manual. Similarly any feature that requires use of the rotary control knobs or user configuration screens is not available on the G1 GEM and should be disregarded.
The G1 is the first low cost complete color graphic engine monitor system available in aviation today.
G2, 3 or 4 may be a better choice because you get:
- Superior Patented Leaning Process:
- G2/3/4 makes the lean process easy.
- No one else has this unique leaning process.
- G2/3/4 leaning is so easy and complete we patented the process.
- With patented features like:
- Pilot settable lean threshold target.
- Colored box appears at peak.
- Lean boxes show temperature of how much lean or richColored boxes show lean or rich.
- Lean boxes change at lean threshold.
- Fuel flow guidance for leaningFuel flow at each cylinder peak (GAMI SPREAD)In-flight exhaust valve analysis.
- EGT temperature bars with numbers.
- CHT temperature bars with number, yellow warning and redline.
- TIT temperature bar with number, yellow warning and redline.
Example of what’s in a G1 4 cylinder kit.
Built In G1 Probe Diagnosis Screen
Revolutionary New G1 Leaning Process
- Unparalleled ease of operation
- As cylinders peak, boxes will appear on top of EGTs showing peak order and temperature spread.
- Restarting The Leaning Process
- Restart the leaning process and resetting the peak indications on G1 by short push of bottom button.
- Built In G1 Probe Diagnosis Screen Continuous probe diagnostic
- Confirm system integrity
- Troubleshoot engine or a probe problem instantly
There are no reviews yet.