Remote Mounted TSO Certified CO Detector with Cabin Pressure Warning
The AERO 452-201 panel mounted Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector is a TSO Certified unit designed especially for use in FAA certified aircraft. A compact and lightweight unit mounted in small area behind the panel, the 452-201 combines highly accurate CO detection for the cockpit as well as cabin pressure warning and the ability to display on an external unit (see hardware list). This CO detection unit is perfect for owners and pilots looking for protection from the dangers of carbon monoxide in their certified aircraft as a remote unit with integration to display on an existing PFD, MFD, or engine monitor system.
The built-in pressure sensor indicates altitude warnings at 10,000 feet, 12,500 feet, and 14,000 feet as a reminder to the pilot that supplemental oxygen should be used. These warnings are displayed on an optional annunciator light.
The included RS-232 serial connection allows added CO level reporting and alerts to be displayed on a variety of Primary Flight Display (PFD), Multi-Function Display (MFD), and engine monitor products. Please refer to the approved product list below.
The compact and lightweight AERO 452-201 will fit into a small 2.25 inch by 1.5 inch position in a remote location using the included mounting bracket and weighs only 4.0 oz. Installation is very simple and takes only 2-4 hours on average. The 452-201 remote mounted unit requires the installation of an external annunciator light (sold separately) for primary CO alert and warning. Additional reporting and alert on an approved product (see list) is allowed through the RS-232 serial connection. Installation requires the positioning of an included test/reset momentary button in the panel for safety and functionality.
- TSO Certified and designed for certified single and multi-engine piston engine aircraft.
- Dimensions: 3.35 in. L x 2.25 in. W x 1.50 in. H.
- Weight 4.0 oz.
- Input Power 14/28 VDC.
- RS-232 Serial Connection included for reporting on external systems (see list).
- Internal fan for optimum sensing.
- Shielded to prevent EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) with aircraft systems.
- Audible alarm with varying pitch at 85 dB.
- LED Red and Amber CO Alert lights. LED Green nominal indication light
- Temperature range 0 °F to 110 °F.
- Built-in Temperature compensating circuit.
- CO sensor tested up to 15,000 feet.
Approved PFD, MFD, and Engine Monitor Products that will display the Aero 452 data:
- Garmin: Garmin G3X, Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin GNS 480, Garmin G900 (Garmin G1000 reporting available with Aero 452-201-010 OEM unit only)
- J.P. Instruments (JPI): EDM 730, EDM 830, EDM 900 Primary, EDM 900 Experimental, EDM 960 Twin
- Electronics Instruments (EI): MVP50P, MVP-50T, CGR-30P
- Advanced Flight System: AF2500/3500/4500/5000/5400/5500/5600/5800
- Grand Rapids Technologies (GRT): Sports SX, Horizon HX, and HXr EFIS Systems
- Ultra Electronics: AuRACLE CRM 2120
- MGL Avionics: XTreme EFIS