CO Guardian 453-201 Remote Mount CO Detector with Bluetooth
Panel Mounted CO Detector for Certified Aircraft with Cabin Pressure Warning
The Aero 453-201 has built in Bluetooth BLE automatically connect to the Apple iPhone/Apple watch/Android phone and Android watch. Once connected you will see heart rate and oxygen level from the watch to the Garmin G3X or the Advance flight systems Displays in addition to the CO Level.
A compact and lightweight unit mounted in small area behind the panel, the 453-201 combines highly accurate CO detection for the cockpit as well as cabin pressure warning and the ability to display on an external unit (see hardware list). This CO detection unit is perfect for builders and pilots looking for protection from the dangers of carbon monoxide in their experimental, homebuilt, or non-certified aircraft as a remote unit with integration to display on an existing PFD, MFD, or engine monitor system.
The sensitive onboard CO sensor alarms when carbon monoxide levels measure greater than 50 parts-per-million (PPM). A loud 85db aural warning will sound and an externally mounted amber warning light will flash when CO measures 50 to 99 PPM over a 3-5 minute span. An aural warning and an externally mounted red flashing warning will trigger when levels climb above 99 PPM immediately when detected.
The built-in pressure sensor indicates altitude warnings at 10,000 feet, 12,500 feet, and 14,000 feet as a reminder to the pilot that supplemental oxygen should be used. These warnings are displayed on an optional annunciator light.
The included RS-232 serial connection allows added CO level reporting and alerts to be displayed on a variety of Primary Flight Display (PFD), Multi-Function Display (MFD), and engine monitor products. Please refer to the approved product list below.
- Designed for non-certified single and multi-engine piston engine aircraft.
- Dimensions: 3.35 in. L x 2.25 in. W x 1.50 in. H
- Weight 3.5 oz.
- Input Power 14/28 VDC.
- RS-232 Serial Connection included for reporting on external systems (see list).
- Internal fan for optimum sensing.
- Shielded to prevent EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) with aircraft systems.
- Audible alarm with varying pitch at 85 dB.
- LED Red and Amber CO Alert lights. LED Green nominal indication light.
- Temperature ranges 0 °F to 110 °F.
- Built-in Temperature compensating circuit.
- Test/Reset button and external mounting bracket included.
- CO sensor tested up to 15,000 feet.
Approved PFD, MFD, and Engine Monitor Products that will display the CO Guardian 353P data:
- Garmin: Garmin G3X, Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G900
- J.P. Instruments (JPI): EDM 730, EDM 830, EDM 900 Primary, EDM 900 Experimental, EDM 930 Primary, EDM 930 Experimental, EDM 960 Twin
- Electronic Instruments (EI): MVP50P, MVP-50T, CGR-30P
- Advanced Flight System: AF2500/3500/4500/5000/5400/5500/5600/5800
- Grand Rapids Technologies (GRT): Sports SX, Horizon HX, and HXr EFIS Systems
- Ultra Electronics: AuRACLE CRM 2120
- MGL Avionics: XTreme EFIS