Monitor your engine in real time
EngiBOX is a light (only 250 g) and compact engine monitor displaying the most important engine parameters:
- Oil Pressure
- Oil Temperature / Air Temperature
- Revolutions per Minute (RPM)
- Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) / Coolant Temperature (CT)
- Manifold Pressure (MAP)
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT)
- Hobbs meter
Data – view 1
Data are displayed highlighting graphically engine trends, warning and alarm limits.
Graphs are available for performance analysis on each engine parameter.
Data – view 2
Data are displayed highlighting the values of engine trends, warning and alarm limits.
It includes flight time, total lifetime and time since the last overhaul.
Save, share and analyze your engine data
EngiBOX is the first integrated engine management system with mobile App and web portal:
Much more than an instrument, EngiBOX is an integrated Management system with App and web portal. Thanks to the App and the portal, you can share engine data logs with your Rotax Service Center to get instant support.
If not yet in the program, you can invite your favorite Rotax Service Center to join, using the EngiBOX App and EngiBOX Portal.
Any Rotax Service Center can join the program, while it’s up to the user to decide which Service Center to share data with.
Rotax Service Centers can use the EngiBOX Portal to analyze the engines performance for maintenance and to save the last overhaul date on the device.
|Dimensions||95 x 95 x 88 mm (3.75″ x 3.75 x 3.46″)|
|Fitting standard 3-1/8″ panel hole|
|Weight||250 g (8.8 Oz)|
|Display||3.5” colour LCD, with anti reflective coat 320×240 pixels, 500 cm/m2|
|Micro SD slot|
|Real Time Clock|
|Sensor probe connection board:||4 x Thermocouple sensor input (ungrounded)
2 x Resistance thermometer sensor input
1 x Oil pressure sensor input
1 x RPM pick-up
1 x Serial connectionNote: Sensor probes are not included in the EngiBOX package
|Compatible Sensors:||Thermocouple sensor:
• Thermocouple Type K, Rotax P/N: 966370
• Thermocouple Type J, Rotax P/N: NA
Resistance thermometer sensor:
• Standard Rotax NTC sensor, Rotax P/N 965530 and 965531
• Optional Rotax PT100 sensor, Rotax P/N 966385
Oil pressure sender:
• Standard Keller type 4-20 mA pressure sender, Rotax P/N 456180
• Resistive 10 Bar/150 psi VDO type pressure sender, Rotax P/N 956357 and 956415
|Manifold pressure sensor|
|Bluetooth Low Energy|
|Power Input range||10-35 VDC|
|Current consumption @ 12VDC||150 mA MAX|
|Operating Temperature range||-20°C / +70°C (-4°F / +158°F )|
|Engine data displayed in two alternative views|
|Warn you instantly if any measurement exceeds the engine limits.|
|Update rate of five times per second.|
|Data are recorded and stored in the internal memory (up to 160h)|
|Data export to Micro SD or EngiBOX Mobile App|
|Download the free EngiBOX smartphone App to get Instant Support Service|
|Graph page for each engine parameter|
|Clock page including flight time, total lifetime, time since overhaul|
2 Stroke Air cooled
Rotax 447 UL SCDI
Rotax 503 UL DCDI
2 Stroke Liquid cooled
Rotax 582 UL DCDI
Rotax 618 UL DCDI
4 Stroke Liquid cooled
Rotax 912 DCDI series
Rotax 912S DCDI series
Rotax 914 DCDI series
|4 x INPUT Thermocouple ungrounded (type K and J)
Thermocouple ungrounded type K Rotax P/N: 966370
Thermocouple ungrounded type J Rotax P/N: NA
|Application:||Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) (2 Stroke / 4 Stroke)
Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) (2 Stroke)
|2 x INPUT Resistance thermometer (type: NTC and PT-100)
NTC: Rotax P/N 965530 and 965531
PT-100: Rotax P/N 966385
|Application:||Air Temperature, Coolant Temperature (2 Stroke)
Oil Temperature, Cylinder Head Temperature / Coolant Temperature (4 Stroke)
|1 x INPUT Oil Pressure pick-up (Keller 4-20 mA and VDO resistive 10 bar/150 psi)
Keller 4-20 mA Rotax P/N: 456180
VDO resistive Rotax P/N: 956357 / 956415
|Measuring range:||0 to 10 bar / 0 to 150 psi|
|Application:||Oil Pressure (4 Stroke)|
|1 x RPM pick-up|
|Measuring range:||0 to 9990 rpm|
|1 x INPUT Manifold Pressure|
|Measuring range:||0 to 70 inHg|
Note: Thermocouple sensors must be ungrounded, not be referred to GND or negative external power.
Usage of other instruments in parallel
- Thermocouple sensors (for EGT and CHT) and Manifold pressure input can be used in parallel with other measurement instruments.
- To use EngiBOX RPM input in parallel with another RPM instrument depends on capacity of the other instrument. EngiBOX applies a 100 ohm load on RPM. Verify if the other RPM instrument is able to correctly measure RPM with a 100 ohm load applied between RPM input and instrument ground. This is equivalent to EngiBOX RPM usage in parallel with another RPM instrument.
- Thermoresistance sensors (for OIL T, CHT, CT and Air T) and Oil pressure sensors can not be used in parallel with other measurement instruments.