The hub of your integrated avionics system
The EKP V Cockpit Docking Station allows the installation of AvMap EKP V Aeronautical Navigator into the cockpit panel, and enables the unit to interface to multiple external devices at the same time.
The Cockpit Docking Station includes 4 USB ports, 2 serial ports, Audio video input (NTSC and PAL) , Audio output. The external GPS antenna is included in the box.
Multiple simultaneous connections
When docked, the EKP V is powered/charged by the aircraft electrical system through a socket vibration proof for power supply AVG 16.
One of the USB ports is powered by the EKP V internal battery to ensure functionality even in case of aircraft electrical power failure.
Cockpit Craddle Kit
Cockpit Docking Station
Enhanced video system
Service Available in North America
Cockpit Cradle Kit VS Cockpit Docking Station
EKP V offers two mounting solutions:
- Basic panel integration with the Cockpit Cradle Kit: featuring connection to Power and GPS receiver.
- Advanced connectivity with the Cockpit Docking Station featuring 4 USB connection, 2 serial connections, audio input and output, video input.
The two models have the same size ( 164,4 x 106,8 mm cut in the panel is required), while external frame measures 172 x 110 mm.
|External Frame: 172 x 110 mm|
|Panel cutting line: 165.4 x 106.8 (rounded corner r=6,2 mm)|
|N. 2 serial ports (1 x RS-232, 1 x TTL levels)|
|N. 4 USB 2.0 (1 x powered by EKP V internal battery)|
|Video input||Video composite signal PAL or NTSC|
|Audio input and output|
|Vibration proof AVG 16 connector|
|Aeronautical grade wires for power supply|
|Temperature Range||-20 + 70 °C / -4°F to +158°F|
|High sensitivity external GPS Receiver|
|Power supply||10 – 35 VDC (28W max)|
Content of the box
The Docking Station package contains:
- EKP V Docking Station
- USB GPS antenna
- Flush Mount Kit
- Plastic Protective Cover
- Manual, screws and cutting template
Cockpit Docking Station Panel Installation
Panel cutting line: 165.4 x 106.8 mm (template provided).
The external frame measures 172 x 110 mm
Cockpit Docking Station Connections
A. Pogo Pin Connector
D. Battery powered USB Port: backup power provided by the EKP V internal battery.
Serial connections scheme
DB 15 Connections
How to dock the EKP V
- Insert the EKP V in the Docking Station from the Pogo Pin connector side, properly blocking the hook on the right.
- Then press the opposite part to insert completely the navigator inside the Cradle.
- Securely fix the EKP V with the safety hook on the left side.
- Once docked the EKP V will power on automatically.