Remote Mounted CO Detector for Experimental/Homebuilt Aircraft with Cabin Pressure Warning
The CO Guardian 353P-201 remote mounted Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector is designed especially for the experimental and homebuilt aircraft market. A compact and lightweight unit mounted in small area behind the panel, the 353P-101 combines highly accurate CO detection for the cockpit as well as cabin pressure warning and the ability to display on an external unit (see hardware list). This CO detection unit is perfect for builders and pilots looking for protection from the dangers of carbon monoxide in their experimental, homebuilt, or non-certified aircraft as a remote unit with integration to display on an existing PFD, MFD, or engine monitor system.
The sensitive onboard CO sensor alarms when carbon monoxide levels measure greater than 50 parts-per-million (PPM). A loud 85db aural warning will sound and an externally mounted amber warning light will flash when CO measures 50 to 99 PPM over a 3-5 minute span. An aural warning and an externally mounted red flashing warning will trigger when levels climb above 99 PPM immediately when detected.
The built-in pressure sensor indicates altitude warnings at 10,000 feet, 12,500 feet, and 14,000 feet as a reminder to the pilot that supplemental oxygen should be used. These warnings are displayed on an optional annunciator light.
The included RS-232 serial connection allows added CO level reporting and alerts to be displayed on a variety of Primary Flight Display (PFD), Multi-Function Display (MFD), and engine monitor products. Please refer to the approved product list below.
The compact and lightweight CO Guardian 353P-201 will fit into a small 2.25 inch by 1.5 inch position in a remote location using the included mounting bracket and weighs only 3.5 oz. Installation is very simple and takes only 2-4 hours on average. The 353P-201 remote mounted unit requires the installation of an external annunciator light (sold separately) for primary CO alert and warning. Additional reporting and alert on an approved product (see list) is allowed through the RS-232 serial connection. Installation requires the positioning of an included test/reset momentary button in the panel for safety and functionality.
- Designed for non-certified single and multi-engine piston engine aircraft.
- Dimensions: 3.35 in. L x 2.25 in. W x 1.50 in. H
- Weight 3.5 oz.
- Input Power 14/28 VDC.
- RS-232 Serial Connection included for reporting on external systems (see list).
- Internal fan for optimum sensing.
- Shielded to prevent EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) with aircraft systems.
- Audible alarm with varying pitch at 85 dB.
- LED Red and Amber CO Alert lights. LED Green nominal indication light.
- Temperature ranges 0 °F to 110 °F.
- Built-in Temperature compensating circuit.
- Test/Reset button and external mounting bracket included.
- CO sensor tested up to 15,000 feet.
- Garmin: Garmin G3X, Garmin G3X Touch, Garmin G900
- J.P. Instruments (JPI): EDM 730, EDM 830, EDM 900 Primary, EDM 900 Experimental, EDM 960 Twin
- Electronic Instruments (EI): MVP50P, MVP-50T, CGR-30P
- Advanced Flight System: AF2500/3500/4500/5000/5400/5500/5600/5800
- Grand Rapids Technologies (GRT): Sports SX, Horizon HX, and HXr EFIS Systems
- Ultra Electronics: AuRACLE CRM 2120
- MGL Avionics: XTreme EFIS
There are no reviews yet.